[Easy Healthy] Homemade Cinnamon Applesauce
I made my own apple sauce this morning 😁 We had some apples that were a little too ripe and starting to get mushy. So rather than throw them out, I made applesauce.
Here’s the recipe:
- 4 apples
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Cut apples into 2 inch chunks. Remove the core but leave the peel on to get all the fiber and nutrition from the apples.
- Add apples and water to pan on stove and bring to boil. Make sure there is always a covering of water on the bottom of the pan.
- Cover and simmer on medium low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add cinnamon and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and drain any remaining water.
- Pulse in blender for smooth texture or mash with potato masher for chunkier version.
- Let cool and enjoy!
Serves 4. Can be stored in fridge for 2 days (but it never last more than 5 minutes at our house ;) )
I left the peels on so we could get the added fiber and nutrients contained in the peel. You can't even tell! The kids loved this sweet healthy snack. Do you ever make your own healthy treats?
One reason I like making healthy meals and snacks at home is I'm a recovering sugar addict. Up until a few years ago, I seriously didn't even know how to peel and orange! I lived on Cocoa Puffs, Chips A Hoy cookies and Pepsi. But I got tired of feeling fat and having no energy. So I made some changes to my lifestyle. I got healthy and lost over 30 lbs. Now I feel great! I created a 5 Step System sharing the exact steps I used to kick my sugar habit. CLICK HERE to learn how I beat my sugar addiction. It's totally free. If I can do it, so can you!